Now they perform their Samba. All I can say is:
Thank God for white pants.
- Bruno: Sexy. He actually said a lot more, but it was all dripping with sexual innuendo, so I thought I’d cut to the chase. 10
- Kerry Ann: Lived up to expectation. AMAZING! 10
- Ken: “I’ve never looked at a man’s buns for so long.” Lot’s of great basic steps. And the rhythm was amazing. 10
Sob story #2: Katherine. From Neath, Wales, U.K., Katherine grew up always singing. At 17 she attended the Royal Academy,
which is endorsed by THIS GUY!
After completing school she got a record deal. With the fame came media attention. Even with her very private break up. She was upset. DWTS has turned her life around. Put a smile on her face. Get her life back on track. They do an Indian snake-charm-y Salsa.
Shake it. But, SERIOUSLY, don’t break it.
It’s all pretty good. Mark did a pretty good job of slipping salsa steps into the theme so there was still what they keep calling “content.” But there’s a big fumble at the end and Katherine hurts her back.
- Kerry Ann: Fantastic. So sorry the ending. 9
- Len: Katherine the Great. Gave it 100%. 9
- Bruno: Unleashed the harlot handled with extreme care. Don’t worry about the ending. 9
Sob story #3: Donald Driver. Donald grew up in a bad part of town with a father in prison and a single mother raising 5 children. At one point they lived in a U-Haul. So mamma sent Donald and his brother to live with the grandparents in another bad neighborhood.
He also won the Superbowl of Tears.
He excelled in athletics, but stayed a troubled kid until he met his wife. He gave up selling drugs and cars for her, to focus on football. Later he was drafted into the Green Bay Packers and became a Superbowl champion. Someone says “He never gave up. And that’s what makes a champion.”
Money can’t buy clean dancing.
He & Peta’s samba is a little sloppy. His free hands are messy, and there’s a missed hand connection towards the end.
- Len: Here and there a little careful. But otherwise he liked it. 9
- Bruno: donald did it his way and it worked. 10
- Kerry Ann: A+ 10
Sob story #4: Maria. Maria’s parents were immigrants from Greece. They were poor and worked as janitors in Boston nightclubs. She remembers her parents sacrificing so she could have a better life.
Maria was always very driven. She put herself through journalism school. Got a job with Channel 1 News (THAT’S where I remember her from!). She went on to Extra and the Today Show. Maria- “What my parents taught me about hard work has taken me to where I am now.”
She and Derek’s Jive is so smooth. And so bizarre. He does a lot of flourishes, so she doesn’t really get to shine. I don’t think he challenged her enough.
“I’ll just stand here while you do that.”
- Bruno: Loves the quirky unexpected details. It all worked beautifully. 10
- Kerry Ann: “Another stunner. You are a winner.” 10
- Len: Liked the footwork. Not a traditional Jive. But it worked with the music. 9
That’s it for performance night of the Semi-finals. Katherine doesn’t look to good in the sendoff. She’s going to get some medical attention. Via Katherine’s twitter: “Thank you for all your concerned tweets… I’m with the Doctor, he says it was a reflectorical spasm in my lower back.” And as of Tuesday she said she was feeling better.
AND NOW THE RESULTS SHOW:
Katherine & Mark are going on to the Finals. She jumps up on Mark, so it appears her back is much better.
Maria & Derek are in jeopardy. Uh oh. The crowd is not happy.
William & Cheryl are going to the finals!
Donald & Peta are in jeopardy.
So it’s Maria & Derek vs. Donald & Peta.
AND THEY SENT HOME DEREK & MARIA!!!!! I am stunned. I thought for sure Donald was going home.
“It’s so hard… to say goodbye… to yesterday”
Well that’s it for the semi-finals! Thanks for reading! What do you guys think?!?! Did Maria deserve to go home? How annoying are fan votes? Did the samba really turn Donald gay?