- Another cameo from Prinicipal Figgins! I guess he isn’t in the upcoming season of Glee too much if he has time to stop by this piece of garbage.
- Who uses an hourglass to measure time? Are we in the 12th century?
- Candles in a janitor closet? I guess he wanted to hide the scent of ammonia and dirty mop heads. Kind of a mood killer.
- Do we really need the shot of Figgins peeing? That probably wasn’t even part of the video, I wouldn’t be surprised if they just followed him into the bathroom with a camera.
- They all kiss! That’s nice, although the high speed cuts between all of them made it so I couldn’t get a good look at any of them. That brings Carpet’s liplock total to…everyone on the show? Watch out Nikki, she’s coming for you next.
The bottom will probably be Carpet, Blake, and Shannannaa.
Lily and WB get praise for their studio and video work. They make it through to next week.
The three who will be doing last chance performances are the three I said! I am good.
Blake- “Losing my Religion” by REM
Carpet- “The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face” (?)
Shannnaaa- “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson
In the mini segment Generic Cutie and Lily have a little date to get in the mood. I don’t think all the oysters, chocolate, and wine in the world would make their romance realistic.
Last Chance Performances
Carpet- Fine I guess. Zach wants to cuddle her. I think it’s a pretty boring song, so I wasn’t really paying attention. She forgets the words, apparently. I didn’t even notice, that’s how much I wasn’t listening to this song. They talk a little about what Mama Carpet is going to think about seeing her daughter outed as a hussy on national TV. Carpet says she’ll pass it off as acting (you better hope so!) but her relatives in Turkey won’t be too pleased. Guess there won’t be a Carpet Family Reunion in the cards any time soon.
Blake- I’m excited for this because finally he’ll have to sing on his own and we can see if has any talent at all. His performance is pretty one note, as expected. But REM isn’t that interesting vocally anyway, so it sounds decent. The drummer is super into his playing. I found that more entertaining than Blake.
Ryan wants Blake to be more vulnerable so he can have something to write about. Because he can’t think of any ideas on his own, obviously.
Shannnanana- her voice is pretty close to Kelly’s. It’s very bombshell, and just a teeny bit country. Good job, Shannanaa. Although she definitely screwed up the words. She says she thinks Generic Cutie should be there instead of her, and Ryan respects her bluntness.