Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Suddenly, Martinez of STD is shooting at Rick and Hershel!!!!!! Meanwhile, Carol starts using Axel as a shield; remarkably, every shot (and there are dozens upon dozens) being fired into the prison yard either misses the Rickettes completely or just hits poor Axel over and over.
GOV. IS HERE TOO and it going NUTS shooting. And just like that, Rick suddenly seems like a completely lucid human being.
Per the rules of TWD, everyone’s gun has endless rounds of ammo, but I find it worth noting that unlike with the walkers (taken out with perfect headshots every time), the only person getting hit over and over right now is Axel. Maggie shows up to join the firefight, when all of a sudden a big van busts through the fence. Gov. smiles maniacally.
“Please won’t you be my neighbor?”
Is this Andrea? Who’s driving the van? What the hell? What happens next was totally cray, and I’ve copy/pasted from the notes I type during the episode to convey my immediate reaction:
“WHO IS THE IN VAN? OMFG WALKERS! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGomgomgomgomgogmogmfogmfogmfogmf” –my notes (eloquent, I know)
Someone in combat gear emerges from the van. Judging by the build it’s possibly a chick; perhaps we’re meant to think it’s Andrea, but I’m calling red herring and guessing it’s the chick she was talking to at the Berlin Wall earlier in the episode.
Then a first happens: Rick runs out of ammo. I don’t think this has ever happened to one of the Rickettes in the history of the show. Satisfied for the time being, Gov. retreats with a final, maniacal spray of machine gun fire.
Glenn suddenly comes back and if he wasn’t fucked up before, he is now! Totally going to blame himself for not being here when this all went down. By this point, there are walkers everywhere, and Mich is on a badass rampage, chopping off walker heads left and right. Rick almost gets bitten but is saved in the nick of time by the Dixons, who’ve returned.
Random mess of thoughts following the siege:
1. These last 10 minutes were awesome sauce.
2. Apparently killing one walker was all it took for Merle to be welcomed back into the fold.
3. The final scene really goes to show the action on this show is a million times better than the dialogue and the writers’ half-hearted attempts at character development.
4. Are Tyrese and friends gone at the point? It seems odd they’d be so unceremoniously dumped from the show. I thought for sure they’d be joining the Rickettes in the fight. Unless they’re still locked up in some other part of the prison?
5. Do you think this event was enough to snap Rick back to reality? Also, this ghost business is child’s play compared to the Gov’s levels of insanity.