Deb is planning to prepare a Green Papaya Salad. But there is no Green Papaya or Green Mango at either store. The Chefs scramble to get all of the carts to the registers, but they seem to have left a few behind. Suddenly they get a call, Not-Whole Paycheck doesn’t have any Pork Belly or as Takashi says “Pork Berry.” Awww, he’s so cute. But they have, like, 20 seconds left before shopping time is up.
Flying Pork in Aisle 5
Chris gets the belly, throws it to Takashi who tosses it to Clark/Mark (not sure which is which) and they make it!!
“Where is my crab?” Kerry asks. Uh. Yeah. That was one of the carts left by the fish counter. Kerry is pissed.
Prep time!! The Chefs have 4 hours to prep. There are various woes:
Chris has to marinate and sear and wrap pork. Kerry worries that he doesn’t have enough crab.
On any other day I’d be happy to let you slide your bone into my oven…
Art and Chris have a cat fight (becoming an every-episode event). Chris needs an oven to brown some bones so he can make some stock but Art needs all 17 ovens…. And Chris has no concept of what Art is doing… blah, blah, blah.
Curtis & the couple come in and Art starts bragging about his Lady Gaga Cake. SCF notes that cake is difficult and he has his work cut out for him. You know what’s going to happen, right?
Mark is making sesame-crusted salmon with a noodle cake. He has been with Clark for 25 years and would like to live “with the same benefits of normal couples.” Hmmm, bothers me that he said “normal couples.” To me, he and Clark ARE normal. They love each other, and have stayed together for 25 years. Oh wait, maybe that’s what makes them NOT normal. Anyhooo, Clark is making duck lettuce wraps with fried lotus root and shiitakes.
Anyone up for a puppet show?
Drama alert: Thierry has moved some of Clark’s prep and Clark is in a snit. And he is grumbling under his breath passive aggressively instead of telling Thierry “No.”
But, it’s the end of the Prep Day and they will have 2 hours tomorrow to cook before service.
So, here’s what’s going on with everyone:
• Lorena is working on a flan for the dessert buffet.
The Perfect Bite
• Patricia is making a Mackerel Ceviche and is serving it on a spoon. The perfect bite.
• Art is making the most amazing wedding cake in the history of mankind. Most wedding cakes taste terrible, but not his. Art has been married for a year. He was married at the Lincoln Memorial and his entire wedding party RAN there in workout clothes. Sounds fancy.
• Clark is still stressing over his lettuce cups, and needs Mark’s help, but Mark has his hands full and can’t help him, but he feels badly.
• Thierry is making the Blood Soup. Grandma’s Blood Soup, to be exact. It has to be good or Grandma will come back in the kitchen and beat him senseless.
• Takashi is making pork belly with daikon and a steamed bun.
• Kerry is helping Debbie char some cabbage for her Thai Salad
• Chris’s oven isn’t cooking in the manner he would like.
• Art’s icing seems a little soft. “I hope it stays together.” It’s like the person in the horror movie who says “Oh no, the flashlight is broken… I’m sure I’ll be fine without it.”
We see the wedding ceremony. Yawn. But we do have this: