No #1 …… but don’t get comfy………
Who made #2 after the jump…..
With football out of the way for the week of Jan.19-25, American Idol was able to take the top spot. CBS still had 10 shows on the list, but ABC won the inaugural night with their star-studded Neighborhood Ball coming in at #11. With no football, NBC is nowhere to be found. They’ll be back to #1 next week with The Super Bowl garnering the biggest numbers. I bet the Steelers/Cardinals game will bring in over 50 million viewers. A 30-second advertising spot is going for $3 million. It’s all about money! WooHoo! Go Steelers!
Here’s who Mr. Nielson thought were the best of the best :
1. American Idol FOX (25.9mil) Wed. show
2. American Idol FOX (22.8mil) Tue. show
3. CSI CBS (17.6 mil)
4. Two and a Half Men CBS (16.1mil)
5. House FOX (15.0 mil)
6. CSI: Miami CBS (14.6 mil)
7. Grey’s Anatomy ABC (14.4 mil)
8. 60 Minutes CBS (14.2 mil)
9. Criminal Minds CBS (13.8 mil)
10. Cold Case CBS (13.3 mil)
11. The Neighborhood Ball: An Inauguration Celebration ABC (12.6 mil)
12. Lie to Me FOX (12.4 mil)
13. Eleventh Hour CBS (12.3 mil)
14. 24 FOX (12.1 mil)
15. Fringe FOX (12.0 mil)
16. Hallmark Hall of Fame Presents: Loving Leah CBS (11.7 mil)
17. NCIS (R) CBS (11.7 mil)
18. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition ABC (11.6 mil)
19. CSI: NY CBS (11.6 mil)
20. LOST ABC (11.3 mil)
Cable ratings were based on all-day numbers & CNN was the clear winner with most viewers tuning in to them for all the Inauguration Day happenings.
WWE Wrestling is still #1 in night-time numbers. They consistantly bring in over 6
million viewers & this Monday night was no different with 6.1 million. Burn Notice‘s season premiere, on 1/22, was the only show coming close at 5.2 million.
Here are just a few more ratings for some of this weeks fare:
Miss America 2009 TLC 3.5mil
Another Cinderella Story ABCF 3.2mil
A Very Duggar Wedding TLC 3.2mil
Top Chef BRAVO 2.8mil
America’s Best Dance Crew MTV 2.1mil
Battlestar Galactica SCIFI 1.7mil.
That’s it for this week.