Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
How did the ratings go for last week? Who’s on top? Check it out after the jump……
The ratings are in and yes, Fox’s American Idol is still on top, taking big numbers both nights. The funny thing is, their results show on Wednesday did better than their performance show & that never happens. On the other hand, ABC’s Dancing With the Stars, which is right on the heels of Idol, had a considerably different scenerio. It’s results show ended up way down the list at #15. Is that because it went head-to-head with Idol that night?
CBS still reigns supreme with 11 of it’s shows in the “Top Twenty”. ABC has five shows on the list & FOX with it’s big American Idol draw, has four shows. Once again, NBC is a no-show, literally.
Here are Mr. Nielson’s picks for the week of March 16-22…..
1. American Idol (Wed) FOX (23.7mil) America couldn’t wait to see who got the boot.
2. American Idol (Tues) FOX (21.9mil) Watching Paula self-destruct IS entertainment!
3. Dancing With the Stars (Mon) ABC (21.2mil) Crash-N-Burn D-listers.
4. 60 Minutes CBS (17mil) The President’s new reality show.
5. NCIS CBS (15.8mil) The repeats are even kickin’ ass on cable.
6. The Mentalist CBS (15.5mil) Expect an Emmy nomination.
7. Desperate Housewives ABC (14.7mil) Whores!
8. Grey’s Anatomy ABC (14.6mil) Waiting for a new doctor…..
9. Two and a Half Men CBS (14.1mil) Can you hear Charlie laughing?
10. Criminal Minds CBS (13.7mil) Serial killers abound.
11. CSI: Miami CBS (13.6mil) The colors are great when you’re high!
12. House FOX (13.1mil) House shaved!
13. CSI: NY CBS (12.8mil) No colors is a downer dude….
14. Dancing With the Stars Results (Tues) ABC (12.7mil) Too soon to care who goes.
15. The Amazing Race 14 CBS (12.4mil) Naked Phil was a ratings plus!
16. Without a Trace CBS (11.9mil) Are they looking for NBC?
17. Rules of Engagement CBS (11.4mil) I love Patrick Warburton’s voice!
18. Cold Case CBS (11.4mil) Still loving the past.
19. 24 FOX (11.4mil) Jack!
20. Castle ABC (11mil) Hmmmm…… I’m surprised!
I usually list the top cable shows now but they rarely change & this week is more of the same. WWE Wrestling came in #1 & #2 again this week with Hannah Montana right on it’s heels. Syndicated NCIS was #4 & Spongebob Squarepants rounded it out at #5.
The odd thing is that NCIS & Spongebob filled out the rest of the “Top Twenty”. No other shows even made the list. You know what this means don’t ya? The cranky, wrinkled old men & the bratty little kids have taken over cable!!!
Quite a few people tuned in to see if it would be the end of the human race. The finale of Battlestar Galactica on the SciFi Channel, averaged 2.364 million viewers.
HBO’s Big Love finale grabbed 2.7 million viewers. The polygamy show was top notch this season.
Here’s just a few other shows & their numbers:
South Park COM 3.2mil
The Secret Life of the American Teenager ABCF 3.1mil
For the Love of Ray J VH1 2.3mil
I Love Money 2 VH1 2.3mil
Intervention A&E 2mil
Real World XXI MTV 1.3mil
There ya have it kids. Can’t fight the numbers. Oh yeh, my beloved LOST came in #30! I’m so depressed.
See ya next week.