AMA ratings didn’t blow!
The American Music Awards aired Sunday on ABC & 14.2 million tuned in to see American Idol loser, Adam Lambert, pretend to have sex on TV & it was gay sex too! I am appalled & scandalized & I may never recover….
The AMA‘s were a mix of good, bad & ugly, but Lambert was the headline winner the next day. Disney, parent company to ABC, was not pleased to see him hump a dude’s face during family hour & dropped him from appearing on Good Morning America this week. Adam doesn’t care. He’s booked on both CBS’s Early Show & Ellen. The ban just keeps him in the headlines. What more could a guy ask for. Bravo Adam!
The rest of the list is business as usual, with CBS dominating once again with 13 shows making an appearance. With the baseball season over, Dancing with the Stars on ABC, made it to the #2 spot for it’s semi-finals. The show wrapped up last night & I was thrilled with the winner. I don’t dare say who it was, cuz you might be living under a rock & haven’t heard yet…..
Hmmmmm…. why is everyone smiling at Donnie?
NBC made the list at #3 with Sunday Night Football & FOX has House showing up at #17. NBC is having some serious problems with The Jay Leno Show. They never expected it to be this big of a dud. The local affiliates are pissed because no one is tuning in for their 11pm news. Leno‘s dismal ratings are comparable to the CW shows. He’s even being blamed for The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien‘s poor ratings. Conan hasn’t even come close to The Late Show with David Letterman viewership since Leno began. What they should do is dump the show & bring back all of their Law & Order clones, put Jay back on The Tonight Show, Conan back on the The Late Show & put Jimmy Fallon back on Saturday Night Live. There, I fixed it for them. They should have listened to me in the first place!
Here is Mr. Nielson’s “Top Twenty” list for the week of Nov. 16-22:
1. NCIS CBS 20.3mil (This is still the “old people” show).
2. Dancing with the Stars (Mon) ABC 18.8mil (How can you not love Kelly Osbourne).
3. Sunday Night Football NBC 17.3mil (The Eagles stomped the Bears!)
4. Dancing with the Stars (Tues) ABC 16mil (Mya is a bitch).
5. 60 Minutes CBS 16mil (Andy Rooney has a turtle lip & it’s hard to look at).
6. The Mentalist CBS 15.9mil (That smiley face killer is creeping me out).
7. CSI CBS 14.9mil (I will NEVER bowl again!)
8. NCIS: Los Angeles CBS 14.9mil (These guys should never wear shirts).
9. American Music Awards ABC 14.2mil (Jennifer Lopez falling down was planned).
10. Grey’s Anatomy ABC 14.1mil (I miss the old crew).
11. Criminal Minds CBS 13.7mil (Killers are everywhere).
12. Two & a Half Men CBS 13.7mil (This show would be nothing without Alan).
13. CSI: NY CBS 13.6mil (I heard that Kim Kardashian is going to be a killer next week).
14. CSI: Miami CBS 13.3mil ( The CSI triple crossover worked. I even watched).
15. The Big Bang Theory CBS 13.2mil (“soft kitty…warm kitty…little ball of fur..”)
16. The Good Wife CBS 12.7mil (I’m beginning to think there is more to this show).
17. House FOX 12.7mil (I really hope House & Cuddy never get together).
18. Survivor: Samoa CBS 12.3mil (The “Russell” show)
19. The Amazing Race 15 CBS 12.2mil (Loving those Globetrotters. Hate Miss America).
20. Castle ABC 10.5mil (hmmmm… nothing to say).
“I can’t take my eyes off of you…”
The season finale of Project Runway on Lifetime made the “Top Ten” list for cable networks this week at #9. This is Lifetime’s first season of the show & they are very proud to have garnered 4.2 million viewers to see the dreadful collections of the three finalists. BRAVO. the former network of Project Runway took this news like little bitches, pointing out that Lifetime’s ratings were down 21% from their last season finale! So there!
Here is the “Top Ten” cable shows for the week of Nov. 16-22:
1. NFL Monday Night Football Ravens/Browns ESPN 10.1mil
2. Monk USA 5.2mil
3. WWE Monday Night RAW USA (10-11pm) 5.1mil
4. WWE Monday Night RAW USA (9-10pm) 4.9mil
5. White Collar USA 4.5mil
6. Sportscenter ESPN 4.5mil
7. NCIS USA (synd) 4.4mil
8. Suite Life on Deck Disney (Fri.) 4.4mil
9. Project Runway Lifetime 4.2mil
10. Phineas & Ferb Disney (Fri.) 4.2mil
That about wraps it up for this week. I’m sure things will be a whole lot different next week. Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone & don’t eat too much pie!