The Steelers weren’t the only winners this week. Check it out after the jump……..
The 6-time, Super Bowl winning, Pittsburgh Steelers weren’t the only big winners Sunday night. NBC scored huge ratings. The 43rd annual game pulled in 98 million viewers & was the most-watched in Super Bowl history. CBS clearly was NOT the dominate network, but still managed to get 5 of their shows in the top 11. American Idol’s 3 nights of auditions once again captured the hearts of America, averaging 25 million viewers. FOX was clearly the network winner (show-wise) this week.
On a sidenote: February Sweeps have been moved to March because of worries about the effect of the digital conversion, still scheduled for Feb. 17, & how it would effect the annual ratings period.
Now let’s take a look at who Mr. Nielson deemed deserving of the “Top Twenty”list for the week of Jan.26-Feb.1st.
1. Super Bowl XLIII NBC (98.7 mil) I watched the 4th quarter. (awesome!)
2. American Idol Fox (27.4 mil) screeching…..
3. American Idol Fox (25.5 mil) crying……
4. American Idol Fox (24.6 mil) crazy…..
5. The Office NBC (22.9 mil) Has this show ever had ratings this high?
6. CSI CBS (20.2 mil) Cowboy Curtis must be doing okay.
7. NCIS CBS (19.2 mil) Wow! It’s not in the top 5…. & I still haven’t watched it.
8. House Fox (15.7 mil) Episode 99 & the the countdown to the “Huddy” hook-up.
9. The Mentalist (R) CBS (15.2 mil) This HOT man has even the dudes under his spell!
10. Without a Trace CBS (13.0 mil) Always a goody.
11. Two and a Half Men (R) CBS (12.8 mil) Charlie may not get awards, but people still watch, even the repeats!
12. Eleventh Hour CBS (12.7 mil) This new show is in 7th heaven.
13. 24 Fox (12.2 mil) The clocks ticking……
14. Lie to Me Fox (12.2 mil) LOST will beat this show yet.
15. Fringe Fox (11.6 mil) Hey, Mark Valley married his co-star, whats-her-name!
16. Lost ABC (11.2 mil) No Jack this week …YAY!
17. The Biggest Loser NBC (11.1 mil) I feel like I’m watching a torture camp.
18. Hell’s Kitchen Fox (10.9 mil) @#$%^&*!!!! Bloody Hell too!
19. The Bachelor ABC (10.6 mil) The “Adam & Eve” of the dating shows is still watchable.
20. Criminal Minds CBS (10.2 mil) They still made the list.
Cable network ratings are considerably lower than the networks, but we still love our cable dramas. USA was the clear winner for the week of Jan.26-Feb.1st. in primetime. Here are the Top 5:
“You wouldn’t happen to have an extra tampon, would ya?”
1. The Closer TNT (6.2 mil)
2. Monk USA (5.39mil)
3. Burn Notice USA (5.37mil)
4. WWE USA (5.31)
5. Psych USA (4.3mil)
Here are the numbers for some of our other favorite shows on cable:
Trust Me TNT (new show) 3.4mil
Taking a Chance on Love HALLMARK (movie) 3.3mil
Top Chef BRAVO 3.2 mil
Real Chance of Love VH1 3mil
Leverage TNT 2.8mil
Nip/Tuck FX 2.6mil
America’s Best Dance Crew MTV 2.5mil
Dirty Jobs DSC 2.5mil
Real World: Brooklyn MTV 2.2mil
Real Housewives of Orange County BRAVO 2mil
Battlestar Galactica SCIFI 1.5mil
Kyle XY ABCF 1.2mil
Damages FX 1mil
That’s it for another week.
Thanks for watching!