Mary Murphy is returning to So You Think You Can Dance. Can you believe it? Nigel Lythgoe actually missed her screaming in his ear like two cats tied together by their tails. He says he’s thrilled to have her back as a judge and that her warmth, compassion and humor make her fun to work with. Auditions begin Wednesday, Feb. 2nd in Salt Lake City, Utah. Gawd, I didn’t miss that Hot Tamale Train AT ALL!
In Charlie Sheen news, not only has he found a new love with porn star Bree Olsen, who he spent the past weekend with partying in Las Vegas, he has now hired a lawyer and is threatening to sue CBS. Seems they want to shut down production of his TV show, Two & a Half Men to put Charlie in some sort of rehab and Charlie’s not going for that shit at all. As long as he can stand upright and talk coherently then he’s not going anywhere and he’ll sue anyone who tries to drag his drunken ass off the set. If I was getting over $2 million an episode, I’d damn sure raise my glass in defiance!
"hmmm looks like you've got another loose baby tooth there buddy."
Tween Idol Justin Bieber is returning to CBS’s CSI for another episode just in time for February sweeps week. He will reprise his role as Jason McCann, the 17 yr old brother of super bomber Erik who was shot dead by Officer Nick in the season premiere. Called “Targets Of Obsession”, I can only assume it means the audience CBS is aiming to attract for their SWEEP! The episode will air on Feb. 17th at 9pm.
With the 2010-2011 tv season half over there has been no clear “hit” this year. None of the freshman shows have stayed in the “top ten” ratings or even the top twenty. After 15 weeks, Mike & Molly (CBS) averaged out at #21 & Hawaii 5-0 at #24. The only other two in the top thirty were Raising Hope (FOX) & $#*! My Dad Said (CBS). The 2nd “new” season premieres have just begun. Maybe we’ll see something that looks like a winner, but for now most of the new shows are headed for cancellation.
“Top Twenty” Nielson Ratings Week Jan 3-9:
1. NBC NFL Playoff Game #2 (NBC) 33,350 mil
2. NBC NFL Playoff Bridge (NBC) 31,477 mil
3. NBC NFL Playoff Pre Kick #2 (NBC) 30,543 mil
4. FOX Wildcard PostGame (FOX) 24,859 mil
5. Two & a Half Men (CBS) 15, 363 mil
6. The Mentalist (CBS) 14,881 mil
7. CSI (CBS) 14,224 mil
8. The Big Bang Theory (CBS) 13, 983 mil
9. Desperate Housewives (ABC) 12,831 mil
10. The Simpsons (FOX) 12,547 mil
11. Mike & Molly (CBS) 12,393 mil
12. CSI: Miami (CBS) 11,985 mil
13. Modern Family (ABC) 11,827 mil
14. Undercover Boss (CBS) 11,749 mil
15. WipeOut (Thurs.) (ABC) 11,687 mil
16. Grey’s Anatomy (ABC) 11,638 mil
17. Hawaii 5-0 (CBS) 10,995 mil
18. $#*! My Dad Says (CBS) 10,791 mil
19. Law & Order: SVU (NBC) 10,601 mil
20. 60 Minutes (CBS) 10,447 mil
As you can see, NBC is on top for now, but once football is over they will disappear and CBS will overrun the competition. Even though Charlie Sheen is a drunken whore-dog, people still love to watch his show. Maybe it’s because it seems to mirror what we perceive his real life to be. A Charlie Sheen reality show would be awesome, wouldn’t it?